At the junction of Chancery Lane and Arbuthnot Road is a gatehouse named Bauhinia House. Its year of building was determined to be 1858, which makes it the same age as D Hall. The 2 storey building is built from granite and bricks and forms an irregular pentagonal shape. There used to be observation holes along the walls but these have been plugged. It is one of the less modified historic buildings of Victoria Prison; the only changes are the plaster and white paint covering part of the outer walls on the upper levels. In 1984, Bauhinia House was repurposed into a half-way house for female prisoners (women who monitored after release), and was once used as a dormitory for unmarried staff.